The safety and wellbeing of our team and customers will always be our number one priority. Zippy’s Playworld has always been regarded as an exceptionally clean and safe venue and we have always operated to a high standard. In response to COVID, we have increased our safety and hygiene measures to adhere to the recommended government guidelines, plus a few extra additions to give you extra peace of mind. Whilst using the centre, please ensure you and your children are following our safety measures.
We have extensively reduced the admissions into Zippy’s, reducing it down by more than 40% of our visitor capacity to ensure safe, social distancing. Many tables have been removed in the centre. We kindly ask that you do not move the tables, as they have been positioned to aid social distancing. Please follow the guidance within the centre and follow the one-way systems as well as the 2 metre social distancing.
Other measures include: Regular fogging of all play areas using a log 6 (highest clinical grade) sanitiser, sanitising high touch points, hard plastics, such as slides and crawl tubes, and all activity boards. Sneeze screens have been fitted and there is a one-way system in place.
Parents/ carers must supervise their children at all times.
For us to operate with a reduced capacity in a safe and secure way, and to avoid any disappointment, all visitors will need to book online. You can pay on the door if you are unable to book online. We advise to call beforehand 01244377229.
Book at www.zippysplayworld.co.uk. You can book a maximum of 6 per booking.
PLAY SESSION TIMES
9.30am – 2pm, 12.30pm – 3pm Monday – Friday (Organised laser activities after 3.30pm)
Later play sessions 3.30pm – 5.30pm Wednesday-Friday (Organised Laser activities after 5.30pm)
10am - 12pm, 12.30pm - 2.30pm and 3pm – 5pm weekends. (Organised laser activities after 5pm)
- All play sessions are non-refundable for no shows. We can change your date for you free of charge if you cancel with 72 hours’ notice. For last minute cancellations there will be a £3 charge to change the date.
- When arriving for your play session, please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early as we will not be opening the doors due to sanitising by fogging and deep cleaning between each session.
- Do not visit us if you are feeling unwell. You will be asked to have your temperature checked on arrival using a non-contact infra-red thermometer. If you are displaying signs of a high fever (37.8 degrees Celsius or greater), we can refund your admission fee or rearrange you visit for a future date.
- At the end of your allocated time slot please leave promptly by getting shoes and coats on ten minutes prior to the end of your session.
- We are encouraging online bookings and aim for a cash less centre. Please use cards where possible.
- Adults and all visitors over 11 years of age are now required (September 2020) to wear a face covering before entering the building and in all areas, apart from when you are eating and drinking at your table.
- Children under the age of 11 do not need to wear face covering.
- Staff will be provided with PPE and face coverings. Perspex screens are in place at all face to face positions.
- We will have a slightly reduced menu in operation and will be including some grab-and-go options.
- We will have disposable menus and use disposable consumables where possible. Sauce sachets will be available.
- Please use the bins provided to throw away your rubbish.
- We have installed a pager system in the centre. When ordering food, you will be given a pager. Please ensure that your child does not play with the pager as they may accidently switch it off. When your food is ready (pager buzzes and flashes) please collect your meal(s) promptly from the food collection point.
- Please do not queue for ordering if 3 customers are already in the queue.
All windows will remain open, if you do not want to sit near a draught please avoid sitting near the front doors.
Please sanitise your hands on entry, on entering the play frame, after going the toilet and once you have eaten and whenever you feel the need to. We have installed an extra 5 sanitising stations around the centre in addition to our 3 that we had pre-covid.
All loose play items have been removed, such as balls, books, and magazines
Due to new COVID-19 regulations, we’ve reduced the size of our party packages, but we still want your birthday star to have a special day and experience all of what a Zippys Playworld party has to offer.
That is why we’re offering a laser storm experience with children in groups of 6. They will play laser storm in groups of 6 and enjoy a hot meal and drinks post games and seated according to government guidelines. Parents and guests are welcome in our café, the seating is spaced out accordingly and food, snacks and drinks will be on sale.
Please visit www.laserstormchester.co.uk
The sensory room will be open, however any loose items will be removed, such as the balls, toys, mats etc. We ask that a maximum of 3 babies are only in the room at the one time and 3 adults (max 6 persons)
We have closed the disco room for the time being..
- All existing members will be required to pre book online in the same way as non-members or call to check availability
- Please do not book any more than one play slot at a time, or for other friends’ children who may be members. Any additional bookings will be removed from the system to make it fair for all members.
- Please note that due to space restrictions we will need to charge £2 per adult. This is a temporary measure to make re opening viable and will be reversed as soon as COVID restrictions are lifted.
- If you prefer to postpone your membership, please let us know in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th September 2020, giving your membership number, full name and address. Those wishing to continue with their membership, time will be added onto your existing membership, up to a maximum amount of 5 months from the 1st September.
Any offers that were running prior to COVID will cease running for the time being.
VISITING WITH PRAMS/PUSHCHAIRS?
If possible, please store your pram in the party rooms at the back of the centre to help maintain social distancing
Whilst the experience of attending Zippy's Playworld will be slightly different in the ‘new normal’, we strive to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for both children and accompanying adults. We would appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines and thank you for your support during this challenging time.RISK ASSESSMENT Back to Home Page